Critical Reflection

At the outset of this course, my primary goals were to enhance my grammar skills and speak more confidently. I quickly realized that mastering grammar is a continuous process that cannot be achieved in a few weeks. To improve, I plan to increase my reading and writing after this module, aiming to expand my vocabulary and reinforce grammar rules. Throughout the 13-week course, I have noticed an improvement in my speaking confidence. However, I have also become aware of the need for further growth. Sometimes, in my eagerness to speak, I find myself trying to read phrases in Malay, even though I'm uncertain of the pronunciation, leading to errors. To enhance my pronunciation, I intend to speak more slowly and practice English more frequently. Overall, this module has boosted my comfort level in speaking, which I believe is closely linked to self-confidence. I have learned that speaking without confidence can quickly disengage the audience, as they can sense it. I have gained valuable insights into my communication and critical thinking skills. Moving forward, I will continue to work on my grammar and communication skills, aiming to speak more confidently and articulate my ideas more clearly.

In my research project, I had the opportunity to lead the team, providing me with valuable leadership experience. Working closely with Celine, Celeste, and Ken, whom I had never collaborated with before, has been enlightening. Each team member has a unique working style, and managing this diversity has been a learning experience. Despite our tight schedules with other modules, our team operates in a relaxed manner, as everyone is aware of their responsibilities and completes their tasks promptly. Leading the team has taught me that leadership is not about dictating but about making decisions in the face of conflicting opinions. This project has improved my patience and my ability to consider others' opinions. When disagreements arise, I have learned to prioritize information and make decisions about what should be included or omitted. There is still room for improvement in our teamwork, particularly in communication and decision-making. We can all work on crafting clearer sentences to improve the overall quality of our work. I have learned that effective communication is not just about speaking confidently but also about listening actively and considering others' perspectives. Leading a team has taught me the importance of empathy and understanding in resolving conflicts and making decisions. I have also realized that continuous learning and improvement are essential in both personal and professional development. I will also strive to be a better team player, actively contributing to and supporting my team to achieve our goals. Overall, this experience has been incredibly rewarding, and I look forward to applying what I have learned in future endeavors.


Comments

  1. Thank you very much, Ivy, for all your hard work and for this interesting, precisely detailed reflection.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

DESCRIPTIVE REFLECTION

UCS 1001

Initial Research Pathway of Hydrogen fuel-cell Cars - Toyota Mirai